Whether you’re a novice DIYer, building shelves from scratch, or a professional woodworker, the right tools can make all the difference. The finesse of woodworking depends on microfractions, which can be taken care of by using a few simple hand tools.
This article aims at introducing to the following hand tools to help you have a better working experience as a woodworker. These can be bought from any hand tool supplier in Dubai. So let’s take a look at them. Visit Dani Trading for more information.
- Tape Measure: This straightforward measuring instrument is, certainly, the most important of the hand tools required in woodworking. A 16-foot long tape will work just fine, as you’ll hardly ever measure anything beyond that length. Don’t forget to stick to just one tape. Different tapes may have discrepancies which can lead to inconsistency.
- Framing Square: These right-angled instruments help keep your projects in square shape. These are essential in cabinetry to make sure that the cabinets are perfect squares and right-angled. These also come in handy for checking the shape of doors and window panes.
- Try Square: Similar to its larger relative, framing square, this tool is also dedicated to measuring right angles. But unlike framing squares, try squares have a metal hand articulated at one end of the thick wooden handles, instead of a rigid single-body tool.
- Combination Square: The most versatile and favorite tool of many woodworkers, the combination square not only measures right angles but flat surfaces, as well. The adjustable head also allows the calibration of machinery and install joinery. Due to its versatility, many hand tool suppliers in Dubai have these in multiple sizes.
- Sliding T-bevel: Generally, woodworking only deals with 90 or 45 degree angles, but random angles do come up sometimes. These can be tackled by using the sliding T-bevel. The blade can match any angle that comes its way, which can then be measured using a protractor (the old tool we became familiar with in the geometry class).
- Short Rule: To make crucial and little measurements in the middle of a work piece, you are going to need a short rule. A 6-inch rule suffices every need and also fits perfectly in the pocket of your shirt. It takes meticulous measurements and, offers measurements in different increments.
Now that you have been acquainted with necessary fundamental hand tools required for woodworking, go and build that cabinet your wife has been asking you to build.