If you are wondering where to look for freelance web developers in Dubai, then search online to find some of the best web design companies in Dubai. These let you check the freelancer’s work progress before hiring.
Tips to evaluate candidate:
- Look into their website and portfolio: you don’t want to hire an incompetent freelance web developer. Look for someone who has done a considerable amount of work and also check for quality.
- Check the freelancer’s social profile, find them on Facebook and Twitter and estimate how well their work and reviews are.
- Google them. Have a thorough search of their business and personal name, web address. This will help you be informed about their background and the reputation they have earned themselves.
- Check your web developer’s reputation, are they actively contributing to any forum and have an audience? This will assure you that they will not do anything unethical.
Tips in dealing with your freelance web developer:
- Stay within the range of your country while hiring a freelancer. Having different time zones with your employee adds to miscommunication and distress in working environment. It is better to work under the same laws of a country in case of a dispute.
- Do not pay before completion of work. There is no guarantee that the person you hired is totally a saint and won’t run away with your money . Make small payments in advance and during the process for encouraging the employee and pay reimburse the full amount at the completion of the job.
- Draw a clear contract stating the purpose and exact description of work that needs to be done. Include an article stating that you, and not the web developer owns the intellectual property indented for the website. A clause should also be put stating what happens when a milestone or delivery date is not met.
- Keep Contact. Stay in regular check with your freelancer. Use mail as well and don’t shy away from calling, texting or even following your freelancer online. Keep their activities under check so you can better gauge their work and timings according to their social status. Also, ensure that you provide clear instructions about the content and style of writing that you require.
A word of caution
- Hiring a freelancer can save you huge sums of money while having every possibility of leading you down a loophole to great loss if you hire an unreliable freelancer. Here are some warnings to look out for and respond in accord.
- Impractical Promises: If while taking on a project the freelancer jumps beyond the edge to convey improbable ideas of success and galore, it is time for you to tick off and bring your employee back to the ground.
- Lack of communication: if it seems as though your freelancer is ignoring your mails and claims to have lost them, an indication is that they are working for other projects that they are more interested in or are earning more money from. Start looking for others.
- Requests advanced payments: if work progress decline because of this factor, terminate the deal with the freelancer and look for better web design companies in Dubai.